E72 – The Fastest Way For Small Businesses to Start Leveraging Video to Get More Clients with Jason Hsiao
Jason Hsiao is the co-founder and Chief Video Officer of Animoto, an award-winning online video maker that makes it easy for anyone to create professional-quality marketing videos, even if they have no technical skills and have never created a video before. With the mission of empowering everyone to create powerful videos regardless of age or experience, Jason founded Animoto with his high school and Dartmouth College friends back in 2006. Prior to founding Animoto, Jason was a producer for MTV Networks and Comedy Central.
During our interview we discuss:
– How the idea of Animoto came about.
– Jason talks about how he funded the company including strategic and venture partners.
– Then I ask Jason what has been his biggest challenge he has faced in growing Animoto.
– Jason shares with me how he got his first 100 customers and then he shares what’s working today when it comes to getting new subscribers/customers.
– Then Jason shares how small businesses can better leverage video to get more leads and clients.
– We talk about the ideal length of video for marketing on social media.
– Jason shares what they are seeing as far as top social platforms for video.
– Jason then shares with me his favorite growth tool/software.
– Then Jason recommends 2 books for my audience.