E140 – Will Podcoin Disrupt the Podcast Industry by Paying Listeners and Promoting New Creators
Geoff Cook is a serial entrepreneur and public company CEO. He started his first company from a Harvard dorm and sold it for millions of dollars at age 24. He sold his second company for $100 million. He is currently the CEO and co-founder of The Meet Group (NASDAQ: MEET), a social dating and livestreaming company with a $400+ million market cap. He has spent $200 million in the last 3 years buying 4 companies as well as launching a NEW podcast app called Podcoin.
During our interview we discuss:
– Geoff shares how and why he started his first company out of his Harvard dorm room.
– We discuss how he started his first social networking site, MyYearBook.com and later sold it for $100 million to a publicly traded company.
– He shares how his new podcast app, Podcoin, works and how it is disrupting the podcast industry.
– We talk about 4 things they did to quick ramp up the new Podcoin app to over 1 million minutes per day listening minutes.
– He shares his theory on user retention and why it is so important to success with an app like Podcoin.
– Geoff shares his favorite growth tool/software.
– He shares one of his favorite books.
If you enjoyed this episode, please RATE / REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE to ensure you never miss an episode.
Connect with Dennis Brown