E102 – How Super Coffee Went From A Dorm Room to Over $5 Million in Revenue with Jim DeCicco
Jim DeCicco is the Oldest Brother and CEO at Kitu Life, Inc. makers of Super Coffee and Super Creamer. Jim served as captain of the football team at Colgate University and upon graduating in 2015, he joined his two younger brothers two create the world’s first Super Coffee. Since then, Jim and his brothers have raised over $18 million in venture capital, pitched on ABC’s Shark Tank and were featured in the 2019 class of Forbes 30 Under 30.
During our interview we discuss:
– How the business was founded in a college dorm room.
– Why they decided to raise venture capital versus boot strapping the company.
– Jim shares one of the key secrets to the early success with their Super Coffee product.
– We talk about the biggest challenge they have faced since launching the company in 2016.
– Jim shares the one thing he would do different to get further faster, if he could start all over again.
– Jim shares a prediction about the future of Super Coffee.
– We discuss the power of building a community around your brand.
– Jim shares his favorite growth tool/software.
– Then Jim shares one of his favorite books.
SPECIAL OFFER: To get 25% off Super Coffee, enter coupon code askdennisbrown at www.DrinkSuperCoffee.com