It’s a data-driven world out there. Successfully collect and use data to make smarter business decisions and you’re ahead of the pack. But beyond the data we collect to build our own businesses, we’re also simultaneously being bombarded with other people’s data. Some of it is suspect or carefully curated to prove a point. Some of it is legit. But which data is to be believed?
With more and more B2B entrepreneurs, consultants and sales people discovering the potential and power in LinkedIn, it makes sense why bloggers and experts are singing its praises and bringing out the statistics to prove their point. I may have done it a few times myself 🙂 Well I’m going to do it again – much of this data is simply too compelling to ignore.
If you’ve been “dabbling” with LinkedIn and haven’t made the commitment to go all in on social selling and unlocking the potential in LinkedIn to substantially grow your business (like it did for my logistics company), take a look at these 11 most potent LinkedIn stats for B2B marketers.
Below are the LinkedIn statistics that really matter when it comes to B2B marketing!
1. 45% of LinkedIn users are C level, VP, Director or Manager level decision makers. LinkedIn is where decision makers go to get their information and connect with the right people to make purchasing decisions.45% of LinkedIn users are C level, VP, Director or Manager level decision makers. Click To Tweet
2. Adding a professional photo to your LinkedIn profile makes you 14 times more likely to be found on LinkedIn and 36 times more likely to receive a message. There’s really no excuse at this point to not have a picture on your profile. A quick shot will do, but a professional headshot is even better (use it across all your digital and social platforms for consistency and brand building).Having a LinkedIn profile photo makes you 14x's more likely to be found on LinkedIn! Click To Tweet
3. LinkedIn currently has more than 450 million users across the globe (with more than 130 million of them in the US). That’s about 1 out of very 3 professionals on the planet. Your customers are on LinkedIn. Regardless of location or industry. What are you waiting for?
4. Listing skills on your profile increases your profile views by 1,700%. Adding keyword-rich skills to your profile (think: what people are searching for, so in my case people are searching for LinkedIn consulting, LinkedIn sales, etc.).
5. Half of all LinkedIn users are likely to purchase from a company they engage with on LinkedIn. If you’re not engaging with your ideal customers on LinkedIn someone else is…and they’re the one getting the sale.Half of all LinkedIn users are likely to purchase from a company they engage with on LinkedIn. Click To Tweet
6. 90% of top salespeople use social selling tools. If you’re not using LinkedIn to connect with your target market while building your personal brand — or if you’re not using it to its fullest potential — you’re missing out.
7. Companies that post 20 times per month, on average, reach 60% of their followers with 1 or more updates. That number rings true about equally for personal accounts. Post great content more frequently and stay top of mind while demonstrating your expertise and thought leadership.Companies that post 20 times per month, on average, reach 60% of their followers. Click To Tweet
8. 94 percent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content. Strong, consistent content will help you stand out from the crowd. More importantly is the fact that content is also expected of anyone who wants to promote his or her business. It’s expected of you! Don’t deliver and you come up short in meeting or exceeding your customers and prospects expectations.
9. LinkedIn drives more traffic to B2B blogs and sites than any social network. 90% of traffic was driven by the “big 3” social networks, more than half of that by LinkedIn. Could you use 50% more traffic to your website from highly targeted visitors?LinkedIn drives more traffic to B2B blogs and sites than any social network. Click To Tweet
10. LinkedIn’s SlideShare platform receives 70 million unique monthly visitors. In many industries, SlideShare is vastly under-tapped — there is massive potential here to further build your personal brand and reach customers and prospects.
11. The average LinkedIn Influencer posts receives 130,000 views. LinkedIn tags the top 500 most influential industry thought leaders as its “Influencers.” Each of their posts receives on average, 130,000 views. That’s an astounding number, but you don’t have to be an Influencer to reach the right people. Every piece of content you share on LinkedIn has the potential to easily reach hundreds to thousands of prospects.
The data is compelling — LinkedIn is easily the best platform for B2B marketing and lead generation, and now is the time to take action. My free eBook provides highly actionable advice to get you started.
Did this blog help you? If so, please take a moment to comment below and SHARE on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn!
“Stop the madness. There’s a better way!”
LinkedIn Marketing & Social Selling Consultant, Trainer, Speaker